Beans & Cornbread

A Texas girl eats and knits her way across crabby old New England

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

wheeee!

the secret project, unveiled! *swish*so i'm making the danica scarf from the winter knitty for one of my favorite guys, probably my most favorite. i'm using berocco ultra alpaca, and so far i love love love it. it's been a long time since i've been this excited about a knitting project, and it's not just because of the person i'm making it for (although that helps). i love the yarn, i love the colors my coworkers graciously helped me choose, i love entrelac. it's a good thing i'm making it for someone i'm in love with, or i'd be tempted to keep it for myself.

on a less thrilling note, i finished the circular shrug, but it looks dumb because i ran out of orange with two inches to go on the ribbing, so i had to finish it in navy blue. now the ribbing doesn't match up, so i have to dye the whole thing black. which is fine because i'll probably wear it more that way, but it still feels like somewhat of a failure. ah well.

3 Comments:

At 1:27 AM, Blogger D said...

When I attempted the circular shrug I ended up making the mock-ribbed section MUCH too short. That happened a few months ago, and I just barely (today!) ripped it out. I'm going to do something different with the yarn since it's tainted... :) I can't wait to see yours when it's finished though!!

I love your fair isle scarf! Are you planning on making anything else from that book?

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dyeing things all one color that start out as several different colors can be a trick. you're likely going to end up with all different shades of black. would you be using RIT?

 
At 3:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is such a bummer about your circular shrug, i hope you figure out a good solution with hannah's dyeing advice. and at least you've got a new super-loved project.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home