Beans & Cornbread

A Texas girl eats and knits her way across crabby old New England

Saturday, August 05, 2006

smitten!

i am in deep smit with this scarf:*

so here's the lovely danica, ready to wrap itself around my beloved's neck and keep him toasty warm.

what's that you say? my beloved's neck (along with the rest of him) is in the south, where it's unlikely to need any help staying warm for another two months or so? you make an excellent point. fortunately, my beloved has a birthday conveniently located in october, right at the beginning of scarf-wearing season. so i guess i'll have to hold on to it until then. oh darn.

anyway. i freaking love this scarf. i have big plans to make one for myself one of these days.


but first! i'm making the black lace bolero from the spring rebecca for a friend of mine's birthday (which is technically already past, but i think she's still accepting gifts). i don't have any progress pics because my camera's not robust enough to get those awesome lacy details, so it would just look like a black blob. but trust me, so far it's looking quite fetching. i'm using misti cotton, which has a nice sheen to it since it's 20% silk. if it continues to be this pleasant to knit, maybe i'll whip up one of these for myself as well.

*bonus points if you can identify this quote.

2 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like it! i especially like the green squares that pop up once in a while. they kind of make me want to make a nice gray one with some surprising murky pink squares. lol.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger rachel iufer said...

i love your blog, and the entrelac scarf is awesome!

oh and, it's from So I married an axe murderer. pretty much the best movie ever. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home