Beans & Cornbread

A Texas girl eats and knits her way across crabby old New England

Monday, August 14, 2006

fertig! *


* = done!

so here i am modeling the vicki shrug and pretending to be a badass in my cop shades. this was a fun little project -- the pattern is in the spring rebecca, and i used misti cotton, which is a bit fuzzy but otherwise quite nice. it also doesn't take much yardage -- i barely started on the second skein!

if you're thinking about making this, make sure you give it a good stretch when you're blocking it so the lace pattern shows up better. i also recommend addis for this yarn -- i was using bamboo needles at first, and the cotton yarn just didn't want to let go of them.


seriously though, i love knitting for other people, but it's time to knit something for the ashley now. to that end, i started on my very first pair of jaywalkers this weekend! i'm using regia 4-ply and they look quite lovely. i'll try to post a picture of them soon.

3 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang! I was all ready for some fixins.

Yay! I found a fellow yarn yokel. I crochet and am currently working on Brujeria (Spanish for witchcraft). My last project, Eleanor Rigby, for my mother, was similar to your fertig in that it only took one skein. I completed it in two weeks. I just love crocheting.

 
At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

super cute! i can't believe that used so little yarn.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger joygoddess said...

But then what are you knitting tonight? Oh, the suspense!!!

That shrug came out amazing... but I agree, time to knit something for yourself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home